- Written by Chad Criswell
Small in size yet packing some impressive features the Zoom H2 Handy Recorder has become a very popular device for band directors, choir directors, and music teachers in general.Â Whether recording large ensembles, small groups, or individuals, this review of the Zoom H2 recorder touches on the most important considerations a buyer should look for regarding this device.
Features of the Zoom H2 Handy Portable Stereo Recorder:
- Multiple recording patterns. Select from 90, 120, or 360 degree recording patterns. Useful for recording small ensembles close up as well as for recording large groups from a distance.
- Records in 96kHz WAV format down to 64kbps MP3 format. Use WAV for best quality, MP3 for increased capacity.
- Easy recording start/stop and LED recording indicator.
- Adjustable microphone gain selector.
- Line level input.
- External mic input
- Headphone/line output
- Records to SD cards. Includes 512MB card but can accept up to 32GB SDHC.
- Integrated Tuner and Metronome
- Runs on 2 AA batteries